Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome to the Big Business Welfare State

I am caught with a sense of déjà vu as I watch Auto execs in America begging for a bailout. Shall we wince or LOL? Does not that remind you of our local cry babies and rent seekers? Give us a competitive (aka junk) rupee or else we sink together! It looks like taxpayers must always subsidise the reckless lifestyle of fat cats.

Sugar does not taste as sweet in my mouth as when I was a kid. Some people do not feel least bothered to preach free market everywhere and reverse affirmative action through the back door.

Warakurna, I think I'd better get back to humming Midnight Oil's anthem:

Some people laugh, some never learn;
This land must change or land must burn.
Some people sleep, some people yearn;
This land must change or land must burn.

1 comment:

Sanjay Jagatsingh said...

Here it was Sithanen's Rs5 billion bailout for an industry that accounts for less than 3% of the economy and shrinking after the Rs6 billion Illovo deal by Berenger.

Warakurna it is indeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnFg7JqH-c8