Thursday, September 20, 2018

So What Has Bernard Giraudeau Been Up To?

I am watching a movie about a week ago and the French actor who was quite popular as from the late 1970s is in it – I had also grown up reading stories about him in Paris Match. So I google him up. I immediately find out that he died eight years ago. How could I have missed that? I keep reading and discover that he died from cancer and that the latter had made him understand life and himself better. This reminded me of Steve Jobs qualifying death as very likely life's single best invention. Which he probably got from his Zen-Buddhism explorations. This is another way of saying that we have only the present moment.

Guess we can't keep tabs on everyone who's dying. Like Vinod Khanna – a prominent and magnetic actor in Bollywood – about whose passing I found out a few months after. He died of bladder cancer. Smoking doubles the risk of getting this type of cancer. A bladder isn't designed to handle toxins present in a cigarette. Smoking will also expose you to at least 10 other cancers.

Let's return to Giraudeau and listen how he managed the last stage of his life.

No comments: